Almost any Britax infant car sear customer review points out just how useful these car seats can be. And why shouldn’t they since these car seats from Britax are always designed following the safety regulations that are imposed by the government? This is the case with the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat too. The creators of this car seat made sure that the head of the infant is completely protected in case of a crash situation by simply lowering the center of gravity of the seat at the moment of impact. The forward flexion is prevented with the help of the integrated steel bars that keep the seat in a fixed position inside the car.
This Britax convertible infant car seat is considered to offer 360 degree protection. This is done with the help of the SafeCell technology, with the cells contracting in case of crush, lowering the center of gravity of the child and preventing thus the forward motion. Like in the case of almost any Britax convertible car seat, the Marathon G4.1 also uses the Side Impact Cushion Technology. This virtually absorbs the energy released on impact keeping the other car passengers safe too.
The head, neck and spine of the child are held in the right position even in case of a crash thanks to the adjustable restraint for the head and the sides that cover part of the body due to their deep construction. It is like the child is shielded and protected from any sudden movement that might cause him injuries. The force of the impact is distributed towards the strongest areas of the body thanks to the design and positioning of the latches, tethers and harnesses. This way the movements of the body and of the seat are minimized almost entirely without giving up on the comfort of the passenger.
What are the features and specifications of the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat?
- 360 Degree Protection Characteristics
- Easily removable for cleaning plush cover with matching belly padding
- Versa-Tether with two-point attachment secures top of seat to car and allows for staged release to minimize forward motion
- Multiple buckle adjustments
- 5-point and 10-point harness settings allow you to reposition straps without disassembling
- Added comfort with the help of the High-density foam
- Integrated steel bars and rigid shell with energy-absorbing EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) foam
- SafeCell technology lowers child position when pushed forward, minimizing injury
- SecureGuard prevents child from slipping under lap belt to prevent abdominal injury
- Anti-slip base to prevent movement on leather and fabric seats
- Fits children weighing 20-70 pounds (front-facing)
- Fits children weighing 5-40 pounds (rear-facing)
- One-year limited warranty
The Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat is one of the models that haven’t received almost any negative reviews at all. Those who bought this car seat for their infants confessed they were very satisfied with their purchase. Since the producer took the safety regulations very seriously, there is no wonder why the passengers of this seat feel very comfortable while they are protected against the impact movements specific to a car crash.
Since the harness is adjustable many customers expressed their satisfaction with the fact that they could use the car seat for different children. Moreover, they appreciated the fact that they didn’t have to buy a new car seat when the child grew older. Just from a first glance one could notice that the chair is a solid one that is able to handle shocks and protect this way the child in it.
Some of those who bought the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat confessed they had a little bit of troubles with connecting the seat with the system of the car. However, after a few uses they realized that it is very easy to install. The producer advises people to make sure that the seat is properly connected to the car, otherwise the protection of the passenger is almost null. In what concerns the price, many buyers considered it a bit high but since the child can fit in it for many years, they considered it an investment in the safety of their infant on the long run.