Up to one age most children are very fragile. Add to that the fact that they are not experimented enough to protect themselves in case of a car crash and we can witness real tragedies. With this in mind the engineers from Britax came with the Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat. Designed for children up to 55 pounds, the Britax Roundabout G4.1 can be a real asset for parents who care about the safety of their kids.
Any Britax baby car seat review would have to acknowledge the fact that this brand cares very much about making sure each child who seats in one of these car seats is protected as much as possible in case of a crash. This is why in the case of the Britax Roundabout G4.1, the SafeCell technology is used in combination with the special design. With the deep side walls designed from EPP foam, the injuries sustained to the neck, spinal cord and heat can be minimized a great deal in case of a crush. Moreover, these features are also responsible with the distribution of the energy resulted from the impact towards the strong parts of the body.
The Britax Roundabout G4.1 is easily installed in the car. According to the manufacturer this is a very important characteristic, because an infant car seat that is not properly fastened into the car can be quite dangerous and the passenger can sustain injuries during a crash. To make sure this doesn’t happen, the engineers from Britax came up with the LATCH system that securely locks up the seat into its place. Moreover, reclining can be done without unlatching the seat no matter if it is done rear or forward facing. The harness is a five point one that is designed not to tangle.
Features and Specifications of the Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat
- Air travel certified
- Deep side walls with impact-absorbing EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene) keep the head, neck, and body contained and shielded from intrusion
- Padding made with High Density Comfort Foam
- Anti-slip base for safety in leather and fabric automobile seats
- Premium LATCH connectors allow you to easily connect and disconnect from car
- Integrated steel bars reduce child’s forward flexion on impact and stabilize connection between car seat and automobile
- Shoulder and lap belts from car are easily installed with car seat built-in Lock-Offs
- Reclining in both rear and forward-facing positions for comfort
- Versa-Tether with webbing releases step-by-step to minimize forward motion, and two-point attachment from top of seat provides stronger anchor and decreases rotation
- Up to 55-pound weight limit keeps your child safe and protected while he grows
- Two buckle positions for comfort as your child grows
- Harness holders keep straps out of your way when placing child into seat
- Patent-pending SafeCell Technology that compresses upon forward motion, lowering your child’s center of gravity and offsetting the propelling reaction
Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat Review
Since the Britax Roundabout G4.1 is one of the best car seats for infants on the market, the reviews are mostly positive ones. People appreciate many things about it, but the most important one is the fact that children are held in a safe position that prevents possible injuries during a car crash. Even if its construction is a solid one, the passengers in the front seat can have plenty legroom no matter how the car seat is positioned.
The harness is very important in the case of all car seats for infants. Unfortunately many of them are made from strong fabrics that can irritate the skin of the child. This is why most buyers appreciated a great deal the padding around the harness.
The negative reviews are very rare in the case of the Britax Roundabout G4.1, but some people expressed their dissatisfaction with the fabric cover for the seat. This is attached to the seat with the help of an elastic band that can slip off easily especially if the child is agitated and moves all the time. On the other hand, this means that it can be taken off easily when it needs to be cleaned. Other people reported that in spite of the fact that their kids were under the maximum weight limit, they were too tall to fit in comfortably in the car seat. Overall, the positive reviews outnumber the negative ones by far, turning the Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat into a great choice.