Selecting the best baby stroller for our baby can be a daunting task at best. As a parent we will come to know that, a stroller is an essential utility, when it comes to manage your baby. If you buy right, it can make your daily activities much easier and definitely less tiring. Looking for a stroller? Here are some useful tips and suggestions and how we can buy and use them.
Before buying a stroller, we may wish to consider several factors and issue.
Eight (8) Things to Consider When Selecting a Stroller for Our Baby
- Our Current Lifestyle: For what purpose are we using the stroller for, apart from carrying the baby for a walk? Does our lifestyle involve jogging and exercising? We will need to consider these points before making a purchasing decision.
- Family Size: Are we wishing to expand your family? If we are looking for more babies in the near future, we can consider buying a multiple occupancy stroller.
- Buckling and Restraining System: The stroller should have easy to latch and unlatch buckles and harnesses to save our time as well as provide sufficient security for the baby. The belt must be smooth and fit snugly around the baby’s body.
- Construction Material: The material from which the stroller is made is also a critical factor. Stroller contains materials like mild steel, plastic, aluminium or a combination of one or two of the above materials. You may wish to buy one of those lightweight strollers for extended and easy usage.
- Fabric Quality: The quality of fabric is also very important; make sure that the stroller contains materials that are easy to remove and wash.
- Braking System: The stroller that we buy must have very efficient brake system to avoid unforeseen accidents. The wheelbase must be sturdy enough to withstand intense pressure and sudden jerks.
- Goods Storage: The stowage area should be large enough to place our baby without any hassles.
- Ease of Handling: As far as possible, look for a stroller that is easy to fold and carry; in other words, the stroller must be portable and storable.
Five (5) Best Baby Stroller Models
Baby strollers come in an array of models and types; while some of them offer simple features, others are superior in their build and quality. Baby strollers also come in many materials, colors, shades and finishes. Here are some of the most common types of baby strollers
- The Traditional Pram Type of Baby Strollers: These are the age-old type, simple designed prams that were so common years ago!
- Convertible and All-Purpose Push Chairs: These baby strollers offer you unlimited convenience and luxury both to you and your baby. They can be used flat for your new born infant or in an upright position for better head and body control.
- Two-In-One Plus Type of Baby Strollers: It has a lie back seat that allows you to carry a sleeping baby.
- Combination Baby Strollers: Almost similar to two-in-one stroller, but consists of a lift off carrycot. It can also become an overnight sleeping quarter for your baby.
- Travel Type Baby Strollers: It has all the common features of a baby stroller plus travelling accessories.
We may wish to conduct further research to know more about baby strollers and their benefits by logging on to a search engine or by surfing through this selection to find the best baby stroller for you.
Here Are Additional Details and Information on Different Types of Baby Strollers
- Light Umbrella Strollers: offer you additional conveniences like easy storability, foldable, transportability and additional safety. They can fit in any close place like car trunks and overhead airplane compartments. However, they are not sufficient for newborn babies and offer poor lumbar support.
- Standard Baby Strollers: These strollers are very sturdy, compact, robust and long lasting. They offer you everything in convenience, features and amenities, and provide you additional safety features like enhanced braking system.
- Travel Strollers: It can be used as a travel amenity to move your child from one to another in your car. It can also be used as a full time stroller when your baby outgrows the car seat.
- Multiple Occupancy Strollers: If you have twin babies, a multiple occupancy strollers work the best. However, they are heavier, less manoeuvrable and more costly than standard strollers.
All the above strollers have their own advantages and disadvantages, both in their model and usage patterns. We will need to consider all of them to decide which is the best baby stroller for your particular purpose.
Eight (8) Tips for Choosing Your Best Baby Stroller
The best baby stroller you can buy is
- S-afe and secure to use and prevent most everyday accidents.
- T-horoughly adjustable to suit your baby’s growing size and needs.
- R-eplacement parts can readily by obtained to always keep your stroller in perfect working condition.
- O-perator friendly. It’s easy and practical to use and take along wherever you go.
- L-ong-lasting. Will last for another child if well cared for.
- L-ots of add-ons. The stroller comes with all the bells and whistles you may need.
- E-conomical and affordable to suit your needs and pocket.
- R-obust and Durable to withstand the hammerings of raising a child.
Five (5) Accessories to Consider When Choosing the Best Baby Stroller
Each and every stroller comes with his or her own accessories and optional tools and equipments for extended usage. These accessories can provide more convenience and enjoyment both to you and your baby. Here are some of the necessary accessories and tools for your baby stroller
- A good cover that protects your baby from harsh sun and rain. You can also find completely coverable hoods that give all-round protection. Many strollers allow you to install optional umbrellas over the baby’s head.
- An efficient net that prevents insects and pests entering the stroller.
- A goods storage area that allows you to store baby food, baby essentials and other necessary items. You can also keep a small shopping or carrying basket in the stroller.
- Stimulation objects. It is also possible to hang and place attractive, colorful and pleasing hanging toys in the stroller.
- Additional headrests and padding materials will provide supplementary comfort and relaxation to your baby.
Safety Issues to Consider When Using Your Baby Stroller
Baby stroller is a wheeled vehicle that carries your baby from one place to the other. Just like any other vehicle, even a baby stroller is prone to accidents and mishaps. You may wish to learn pushing a stroller and manage it through the city walks and garden paths. Here are some safety precautions and parameters that you must observe for a safe ride
- Check that the brake system for the stroller is solid and works well. You may need to get the brake system services on a regular basis.
- Do not hang heavy objects on the sides of the stroller as it may tip the balance to one side; when the stroller looses its balance, it may fall on one of its side and cause serious injuries to your baby.
- Observe strict safety rules while crossing the road or traversing through busy side streets. Rushing and busy people may barge into the stroller to cause accidents. Rushing traffic is also quiet dangerous while crossing the road. Ensure that you are crossing the road only at designated points so that you can avoid possible accidents.
- Never leave the stroller unattended at strange places…especially when doing simple everyday chores such as shopping!
Three (3) Must-Ask Questions for Deciding Which Is the Best Baby Stroller for You
To buy the best baby stroller for your purposes, you may consider several factors that affect both convenience and utility value. Here are some more ideas that help you make a wise purchasing decision
- What Is the Price? Probably, nothing is as important as the price of the stroller. There are strollers that cost just $25, while many others are exorbitantly expensive, costing more than $300. What is your budgetary allocation and how much are you willing to spend in case the stroller offers additional convenience?
- What Is the Typical Usage Pattern? Do you wish to go for a long walk with your friends? Or, do you wish to use the stroller for private use or a private walk through a quiet garden pathway?
- Where Are You Going to Use It? Do you wish to buy an all round and all-season stroller than can be carried everywhere you go? If so, you may need to spend more on one of the more sophisticated baby strollers.
Whatever you do, ensure that you are buying the right type of baby stroller to save money and accrue additional convenience and benefits.